GROW YOUR BUSINESS WITH BROOKLYN WORKFORCE COLLABORATION
Whether you need to fill a single position or have a large-scale hiring need, we train local residents to build a talent pipeline for your business.
All of our trainees are:
- Pre-screened – Every trainee has undergone a rigorous selection process and meets key qualifications. They have demonstrated outstanding motivation and commitment to launching their new career in your industry.
- Trained – Our training programs typically include soft skills and job-readiness, as well as in-demand technical training. Trainees receive the highest quality training in specialized facilities belonging to our partners throughout the city.
- Credentialed – We offer a range of credentialing and licensing programs, depending on your needs. Past training programs have offered credentials in food handling, OSHA, electrical, cable networking, solar installation, and more.
After hiring, we provide two years of retention and career support to our trainees and employer partners.
HIRE A GRADUATE
We are currently placing graduates qualified to work in the following fields:
Graduates received six weeks of instruction in Basic Green Construction Carpentry & Electrical, Solar PV Installation, Construction Math and Measurement, Tool Usage and Soft Skills, and certification in:
- NYC Dept. of Buildings 4 Hours Supported Scaffold User
- OSHA 10 Hours
Graduates received four weeks of instruction in Construction Math and Measurement and Soft Skills, and certifications in:
- NYC Dept. of Buildings 16 Hours Suspended Scaffold training
- NYC DOB 4 Hour Supported Scaffold User
- NYC DOB 4 Hour Fall Protection Hazard Awareness
- NYC 4 Hours Asbestos Awareness
- NYC DOB 4 Hour Mold Awareness
- OSHA 30 Hours
To hire a graduate, submit a completed Employer Inquiry Form. For more information, please contact Morriah Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEVELOP A TRAINING
How it works:
- PLAN – Submit a completed Employer Inquiry Form and we will set up a conversation to discuss your hiring needs, including the number of positions you need filled as well as required skill sets and credentials. We’ll develop the training and recruit, screen, and select qualified candidates according to criteria you set.
If you are looking to hire fewer than 15 employees, we can match you with employers with similar needs and create a collaborative training.
- TRAIN – We will execute a two- to five-week training that includes soft skills, classroom instruction, and hands-on technical learning, based on your needs.
- HIRE – Training graduates are now ready to work hard for your business. Often, we can help employers access wage reimbursement programs for the individuals you hire through our program.
- SUPPORT – After placement, we continue serve as a resource to help you retain and grow your skilled workforce.
Are there eligibility requirements for me as an employer or the types of positions I’m hiring for?
While there are no set eligibility requirements for you or the positions you are hiring for, we are committed to placing our graduates into great careers with living wages and opportunities for advancement. If you are unsure whether you meet that criteria, we can work with you to assess and improve job quality.
Will this cost me money?
No. BWI will develop, recruit for, and execute a customized training at no cost to you. We also provide free job placement and ongoing retention support to the employers we work with.
How long will the training last?
Trainings typically last two to five weeks; however, it will depend on your needs as an employer and the skills provided to trainees.
What will the training consist of?
The content of the training will vary depending on your needs, but past trainings have included:
- Instruction in trades like electrical, plumbing, and roofing
- Construction math and measurement
- Tool usage
- OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 certification
- Scaffolding certification
- Food-handler certification
- Customer service
- Conflict resolution
- Accepting feedback
- Career coaching and goal setting
How soon will I be able to hire?
The process of developing, recruiting for, and executing a training typically takes 3-4 months, but could vary depending on your needs.