Brooklyn Networks is actively recruiting for our next training cycle!
- Brooklyn Networks is a 6 week intensive hands-on training program that will help you start a career in the field of network cable installation.
- Cable Technicians install the lines that run behind walls and ceilings that are hooked up to computers, telephones, security systems, A/V Equipment and broadcast cable.
- Job placement assistance is available so you can put your new skills to work.
To be eligible you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Live in New York City & be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- 18 years or older
- Have a valid drivers’ license (must be able to provide a driver’s license abstract)
- Pass a drug test & be physically fit/able to lift 70lbs
- Able to pass a reading and math test at/or above the 8th grade level
- Able to attend class Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Classes are held on the New York City College of Technology campus
- Be unemployed, have a low income or receive public assistance
BWI welcomes individuals with past criminal convictions to apply.
How to Apply
Learn more about Brooklyn Networks by attending an orientation. You will also be given a reading and math test.
Orientations are held every Tuesday at 10:00 AM sharp at the BWI Main Office, 621 Degraw Street between 3rd & 4th Avenues, in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Please note: no one is admitted after the start time.